Juicing: Happy Berry!
Carrying on our berry theme for June, here is the recipe for one of our lovely lunch time juices, Happy Berry:
- 2 green apples (like Golden Delicious)
- 1/3 cucumber (or one small Spanish cucumber called a pepino)
- 1/3 large red bell pepper
- 2cm slice lemon (if unwaxed leave the rind on, if waxed peel the outer skin away)
- Handful frozen berries (eg strawberries)
Juice the apples, cucumber, red pepper and lemon. Add the liquid to a blender then add the frozen berries. Blitz for 30 seconds. Then pour and enjoy!
Using frozen berries means the juice is cooler, making it even more refreshing on a hot summer day! At only 168 calories, this is a bright joyful juice and one to treat yourself with. Kids will love it.