Standard Booking Terms and Conditions La Crisalida Bienestar S.L. (La Crisalida Retreats)
It is the customer’s responsibility to check the reservation and ensure that the particulars contained therein are correct.
The customer shall pay La Crisalida Retreats a non-refundable deposit in the sum of 10% (minimum €75) of the total amount due for each person named in the reservation.
If payment of either the deposit or the balance is not received by the due date La Crisalida Retreats reserves the right to cancel the reservation and retain the deposit.
Your booking and deposit fee will be confirmed by email. Receipt of full and final amount payable will also be confirmed by email.
In order to be accepted on a retreat we request that you complete and return a health questionnaire. This will be sent to you by email.
Your booking is not considered definite until we receive full payment for your entire stay from you.
Full payment is due 30 days before arrival date. We accept payments via Visa or Mastercard credit and debit cards.
We also accept payment by bank transfer to our account in Spain. We will email you our banking details on request. Unless otherwise agreed in writing, the price is the exact amount to be received by us. If you choose to pay by electronic transfer, please instruct your bank to charge all costs to you in order to avoid a shortfall in the amount that we receive. In the event of La Crisalida Retreats being charged a commission fee by the bank, this fee will be added to your account to be paid by you.
We also accept payments via PayPal, upon request. If you choose to pay via Paypal, merchant fees apply of 3.5%, per payment made, which we will add onto the amount due. The payment request will be sent to your PayPal email account.
Full payment received is taken as confirmation of agreement to the La Crisalida Retreats booking terms and conditions.
3. Cancellation by you, the customer
In the event of cancellation by the customer, regardless of the circumstances, the following refund fees, minus the deposit, apply. The deposit is non-refundable.
- Cancellation 30 days or less before due arrival date, 0% refund
- Cancellation more than 30 days before due arrival date, 100% refund, minus the deposit
4. Cancellation by La Crisalida Retreats
We reserve the right in any circumstances to cancel a retreat, in which case we will offer a full refund of all monies paid.
5. Amendments by you, the customer
If you wish to amend your booking, you can do so up to 7 nights before your arrival. Any changes or amendments to your booking for your visit will be subject to an administration fee of 50€ per booking. Each time you make a change to your booking, an amendment fee will be applied. If you amend the date of your retreat, it must be taken within 6 months of your original retreat.
Amendments include (but are not limited to): changing number of guests (reduction or addition), changing room type, changing the length of stay, changes to dates of arrival and/or departure and changing guest details. Please note, this is not an exhaustive list and there may be other amendments which incur a 50€ administration fee. The terms and pricing are recalculated at the advertised rate at the time of your amendment (not at the prices at the date of original booking).
6. Amendments by La Crisalida Retreats
Occasionally, changes may have to be made to the program (e.g., yoga teacher, class times or other arrangements), which we reserve the right to do at any time. If your accommodation has to be changed, we will do our utmost to provide accommodation of a similar rating or better. If a significant change becomes necessary, we will inform you as soon as reasonably possible if there is time before your arrival.
7. Group Bookings
Where a booking is made on behalf of several individuals the booking is conditional on the lead contact of the booking having authorisation from all the individuals named on the booking form to enter into this contract. A deposit in respect of every group member is required.
If a group is disruptive to other guests La Crisalida Retreats reserves the right to ask all or any individual members of the group to leave immediately with no refund.
8. Minimum age
The retreat has a minimum age of 18 years. On occasions we will accept young adults aged 16 years when accompanied by a parent or responsible guardian.
9. Travel Insurance
La Crisalida Retreats reserves the right to insist that you take out travel insurance at the time you book your retreat. Your travel insurance should cover the activity of this retreat as well as unexpected cancellation, sickness, losses and all the usual risks. You should bring the policy with you in case of an emergency.
10. Local requirements
Spain has rules which require hotels and other accommodation providers to ensure that their guests’ information is registered and shared with the law enforcement authorities. When you check in, we will request that you (and any guest staying with you that is over 16 year´s old) to show your ID Card/Passport. We may also request you to complete and sign an entry form.
If you book a shared apartment, as a solo traveller, unless otherwise agreed we will make sure that your room-mate is the same gender as you.
12. Your Travel Arrangements
All travel arrangements are your responsibility and at your own cost. We shall not be held liable for any consequences arising from delays or cancellations in any of the companies you may have made arrangements with, or for any irregularities in your documentation required for travel. This includes flights and travel within your home country.
13. Transfers from Alicante (airport and train station)
Free transfers between Alicante airport or Alicante train station and the retreat are included in the price of your retreat, for all stays of 3 nights or longer. If you wish to stay for 2 nights we can arrange a transfer at extra cost. This cost will be confirmed at the point of booking in your confirmation email.
Transfers from Alicante airport
Your flights must arrive and depart from Alicante airport between 9am and 8pm.
You must notify us of your flight details at least 48 hours before your flight arrives or departs so that we can book your transfer.
We use an external company for this transfer. Shuttle service transfers are between La Crisalida Retreats and Alicante airport only. The external company is responsible for arranging collection time from the airport and the retreat. Please be aware that your transfer to or from the airport can be grouped with non-retreat travellers and your transfer will typically be grouped with other flights arriving or departing within 1 hour of each other. Please therefore expect a wait of up to 90 minutes at the airport and a pick-up time at the retreat (for airport transfers) of up to 5 hours prior to flight time. Very occasionally you may be asked to swap transport vehicles during your journey to or from the retreat.
Transfers from Alicante train station
This service is for trains arriving and departing at Alicante train station between 8:30am and 7pm.
You must notify us of your train details at least 48 hours before your train arrives or departs so that we can book your transfer.
We use an external company for this transfer. This is a shuttle service transfer between La Crisalida Retreats and Alicante train station. The external company is responsible for arranging collection time from the train station and the retreat. Please be aware that your transfer to or from the train station can be grouped with non-retreat travellers and your transfer will typically be grouped with other trains arriving or departing within 1 hour of each other, so there may be a wait for other travellers. Transfers can take between 60 and 180 minutes. Please therefore expect a wait of up to 90 minutes at the train station and a pick-up time at the retreat of up to 3 hours prior to train departure time. Very occasionally you may be asked to swap transport vehicles during your journey to or from the retreat.
Amendments to transfers
Any amendments to your transfer must be made more than 48 hours before flight/train time. Any amendments made from the time we book the transfer till 24 hours before arrival are subject to a 5€ administrative fee. These amendments will include but are not limited to: change of flight/train arrival or departure time, change of flight number, change of flight/train date, change of guest details. If you need to change your transfer with 24 hours or less notice, this counts as a cancellation of your original transfer booking. There will be an administrative fee of 20€ to cover the charge made by the transfer company, the new transfer and staff time. When making a change within 24 hours of the transfer, there will be no guarantee of an available transfer and therefore you may be asked to make your own way to the retreat (or airport or train station) at your own cost.
If you choose to make your own way to the retreat there will be no money discounted for not using the transfer.
We reserve the right to ask you to make your own way to the retreat. On the rare occasion when we make this request, La Crisalida Retreats will credit you with the reasonable transportation cost.
14. Your Health
We recommend you consider consulting a doctor to check that you are sufficiently fit and healthy to undertake the classes and other physical activities that take place at the retreat.
Please be sure to advise us of any health conditions before you book. We reserve the right to decline your application to stay at La Crisalida. If your health conditions are clearly inconsistent with that confirmed by you in the health questionnaire we reserve the right to cancel your booking and your payment is forfeit.
Whilst all measures are taken to ensure a high standard of health and safety, we shall not be responsible for any injuries caused by uneven terrain or our activities inside or outside the retreat.
Our retreats may not be appropriate if any of the following apply:
- you are currently being treated for a life threatening illness (e.g. cancer), or are receiving chemotherapy or radiotherapy
- you have severe heart problems
- you are pregnant or breast feeding
- you have addictions (past or present) to alcohol, drugs or other similar substances
If any of these conditions apply to you at or after the time of booking your retreat, we reserve the right to request written confirmation from your registered health practitioner before attending that you are well enough to participate in the retreat. We also reserve the right to ask you to cease participation in any class if we feel this is appropriate for health reasons.
We reserve the right to ask you to leave the retreat if we have reasonable grounds to believe that you are abusing substances or are mentally unstable, with no refund.
In any event we reserve the right to insist you seek appropriate professional or medical help during your time at La Crisalida at your cost.
If you experience any injury or discomfort during any activity during the retreat, then you must stop immediately and consult a member of the La Crisalida team.
15. Treatments and holistic therapies and your health
In order to plan a treatment session that is safe and effective, the therapist will need some general information about your medical history. Reception will supply a questionnaire for you to complete before your session is booked. Some treatments (at extra cost) offered on our website may not be available during your time at the retreat. Some treatments may be limited for people with certain medical conditions, please ask reception for more information.
16. Dietary change
La Crisalida Retreats serves plant-based food, with no alcohol, caffeine, processed sugars or added salt. This can be a change in diet for many people. Sometimes this dietary change can lead to symptoms including (but not limited to), headaches, nausea and sickness. We recommend that people cut down or exclude these items 3-7 days before coming to the retreat: tea, coffee, alcohol, sweets and products containing sugar, tobacco, salt. We also strongly recommend that you increase the amount of water that you drink. If you are concerned about the possible effect a diet change may have, we recommend that you speak to your health care professional in advance of attending the retreat.
La Crisalida Retreats is a non-smoking retreat. You should not smoke in your apartment, in the communal areas (e.g. around the pool) or on the retreat premises. If you do smoke in your apartment, or in a communal area, La Crisalida reserves the right to add a 100€ cleaning charge to your bill, to cover the additional costs of deep cleaning to remove the smell and signs of smoking.
18. Left property
We request that you take care to check your room before you leave. If you leave something behind, please let us know as soon as you realise. There is a minimum charge of 15€ to return left property to you. If you wish us to return the item(s) to you using recorded delivery or tracking, there may be an additional cost, depending upon the item and the charge made by the post office. La Crisalida Retreats is not liable or responsible for any items left at the retreat. We can advise you of this at the time. Unclaimed items will be donated to a local charity shop or discarded after 30 days.
19. Our liability to you
We accept responsibility for ensuring that the retreats are supplied as described and that the services we are contractually obliged to provide are to a reasonable standard.
We do not accept any liability for cancellations, delays or changes caused by war, threat of war, terrorist actions or threats, closure of airports, civil strife, industrial action, natural disaster, technical problems to transport, staff cancellations, unforeseen changes in your personal circumstances or other events beyond our control.
We are not liable for any injuries you may incur. Activities at the retreat are undertaken at your own risk. We are not liable for any medical or psychiatric conditions which may develop during or subsequent to the retreat. We are not liable for loss of, or damage to, your personal property.
20. Unreasonable, unsociable and unacceptable guest behaviour
La Crisalida Retreats aims to provide a tranquil environment for retreat guests and our staff. Anyone with unreasonable, unsociable or unacceptable behaviour will be spoken to by one of the management team. If a guest is abusive towards a member of staff or another guest, or if a guest continues to disrupt the retreat experience for other guests La Crisalida Retreats reserves the right to request that this guest leaves immediately, with no refund.
21. Damage to retreat property
We reserve the right to charge a guest the cost of rectifying damage caused by the deliberate, negligent or reckless act of the guest to the retreat’s property or structure.
Should this damage come to light after the guest has departed, we reserve the right to make a charge to the guests credit / debit card or send an invoice for the amount to the registered address.
We will however make every effort to rectify any damage internally prior to contracting specialists to make the repairs and therefore will make every effort to keep any costs that the guest would incur to a minimum.
22. Removal of retreat property
We reserve the right to charge guests the cost of replacing any items that are removed from the retreat by them without consent.
The charge will be the full replacement amount of the missing item, including any carriage charges.
Should the fact that the item is missing come to light after the guest has departed, we reserve the right to make a charge to the guests credit / debit card, or send an invoice for the amount to the registered address
If you have a problem during your retreat, please inform the retreat duty manager immediately and he/she will endeavour to put things right - La Crisalida Retreats cannot deal effectively with complaints made after guests have left.
Please note that we cannot guarantee the proportion of male/female guests in any group, and we cannot be responsible for the individual behaviour of any group member or other guest sharing your accommodation.
Last updated: 6th May 2019
Returning Guest Discount: Full T&C
The following terms and conditions apply for the returning guest discount:
- You must tell us that you are a returning guest at the time of booking.
- Bookings must be made directly with La Crisalida Retreats – discount does not apply to bookings made via Booking.com, BookYoga Retreats or any other website or agency.
- Minimum of 3 night stay required.
- 10% returning guest discount also applies to all friends or family, who come to La Crisalida Retreats with you, if the booking for your friend(s)/family is made at the same time as your booking and for the same dates.
- Offer not applicable to extensions of current stay.
- The 10% returning guest discount is valid for bookings made from 18th July 2018, until further notice.
- The discount offer can be withdrawn or changed at any time.
Early bird offer: Full T&C
The following terms and conditions apply for the early bird offer, which started on 4th September 2018.
- The early bird discount of 10% off standard price per night applies to all bookings made 6 months (180 nights) or more in advance of the date of arrival at the retreat. i.e. there must be 180 or more nights between date of booking and date of arrival at the retreat. The date of booking is the date the deposit (or full payment) is received.
- A minimum FOUR night stay must be booked for this offer to apply. (This offer does not apply to guests booking retreats of 1, 2 or 3 nights in length).
- This offer does not apply to any bookings made before 7am on 4th September 2018.
- This discount offer is available for all future dates, in all seasons and all accommodation options, so long as condition 1 and 2 are true and there is availability, until further notice or until the offer is withdrawn by La Crisalida Retreats.
- Bookings must be made directly with La Crisalida Retreats – offer is not available to anyone booking via booking portals (including Book Yoga Retreats) or other websites
- Booking must be made by paying 10% deposit (minimum 75€) at the time of booking. Full payment must be received 30 days before the date of arrival.
- The following discounts can also be used at the same time, if applicable:
- 10% returning guest discount
- Long stay discount (5% for 7-13 nights and 10% for 14 plus nights)
- Amendments to arrival date. There must be at least 180 nights between the date of booking and the arrival date for the early bird offer to remain valid.
- Earlier arrival date. If there is still 180 nights between date of booking and the new arrival date, an earlier arrival date can be arranged subject to availability and our standard conditions – i.e. a booking amendment fee is payable. If the proposed date of arrival is less than 180 nights (even by 1 night), the early bird discount will no longer apply. A new price for the retreat will be calculated at the date of request for amendment, for the current published standard price per night.
- Later arrival date. If you wish to change the date of arrival to a later date, standard amendment terms and conditions apply.
- All other standard booking terms and conditions apply (see website for more information).
- There is no cash value for this offer.
- This offer can be withdrawn with immediate effect, at any time (at the discretion of La Crisalida Retreats).
Book at retreat free treatment offer: full T&C
1. The “book at retreat free treatment offer” is available to all guests who book in person at the retreat for a future retreat. This offer is only valid when a booking is made in person at the retreat during an existing retreat. It is not valid once the guest leaves the retreat.
2. The “book at retreat” offer is for a free treatment at La Crisalida Retreats to the value of 60€.
3. The offer can be used against the cost of a higher cost treatment – the value of 60€ will be deducted from the cost of the higher value treatment and the guest must pay the difference in price.
4. The offer can be used against the cost of a lower value treatment – there will be no refund or transfer of any value unused.
5. The treatment will be used in the future booking. The voucher is not valid for use on any treatments booked during the current retreat.
6. The voucher / offer must be used within 12 months of issue.
7. One voucher per person per booking. If two current guests book to come back together both people will receive a free treatment at their next visit. If a guest books to bring another person back, who is not a current guest, only the person making the booking will receive a treatment voucher.
8. It is the responsibility of the guest to book a treatment at the earliest opportunity when they return to the retreat. Your first choice of treatment might not always be available, so La Crisalida Retreats will endeavour to provide a suitable alternative.
9. Bookings must be made directly with La Crisalida Retreats in person during their current stay. Offer is not available to anyone booking via booking portals (including Book Yoga Retreats) or other websites.
10. There is no minimum period of time between the current retreat and future booking for this offer to be valid.
11. This offer is available when the guest is making a booking for all future dates, in all seasons and all accommodation options, until further notice or until the offer is withdrawn by La Crisalida.
12. There is no minimum or maximum number of nights requirements for the future retreat booking.
13. This offer does not apply to any bookings made before 28th December 2018.
14. The future booking must be made by paying 10% deposit (minimum 75€) at the time of booking. Full payment must be received 30 days before the date of arrival.
15. Vouchers can not be transferred or gifted to another person.
16. This offer does not apply to any bookings made once the person has left the retreat – it must be made in person at reception during their stay. (even if it is only one day after they have left)
17. If a guest books for two future retreat dates, they will receive two vouchers – one for each retreat.
18. The following discounts can also be used at the same time, if applicable:
- 10% returning guest discount
- Long stay discount (5% for 7-13 nights and 10% for 14 plus nights)
- Early bird offer (10%)
19. If the guest cancels their future booking the treatment voucher will become invalid.
20. Amendments to bookings. A guest can amend the date of arrival of the future retreat, subject to standard booking terms and conditions, the treatment voucher will be valid, so long as the treatment voucher is used within 12 months of the date of issue.
21. There is no cash value for this offer. If this offer is not used, there is no cash alternative.
22. This offer can be withdrawn with immediate effect, at any time (at the discretion of La Crisalida Retreats).
Winter 2019 special offer: Full T&C
1. 10% discount and free massage special low season offer applies to nights booked between 25th November and 23rd December 2019 inclusive.
2. Retreat dates can be changed, as per standard booking terms and conditions by paying the relevant amendment fee. However the price of the retreat will be recalculated at the published accommodation rates on our website, at the date the change is requested. The 10% discount given in this offer only applies to nights taken as stated in point 1.
3. This offer does not apply to any bookings made before 9am, 16th April 2019.
4. Bookings must be made directly with La Crisalida Retreats – offer is not available to anyone booking via booking portals (including Book Yoga Retreats), booking.com or other websites.
5. Minimum five night stay must be booked.
6. This discount applies to all persons booking for these dates.
7. There is no cash value for this offer.
8. Returning guest discount is valid for people who have stayed at La Crisalida Retreats previously (and anyone who comes with them), as per standard booking terms and conditions.
9. Early bird discount is valid when this special offer is booked 6 months or more in advance.
10. Book at Retreat special offer is also valid for guests who book this package whilst staying at the retreat.
11. Long stay discount will apply if 7 nights or longer are booked.
12. For the free massage, this will be booked at the retreat with our resident masseur and has a maximum value of 60€, for a 60 minute session. There is no refunds for any sessions not used. Guests are responsible for booking the massage at their earliest convenience. If a guest wishes to choose another session at a higher price, the guest is responsible for paying the difference in value. If a session at a lower price is chosen there will be no refund of the difference.
13. A free massage is given for every period of 5 nights. If a guest books 10 nights during these dates they will be given two free massages.
14. There is no cash value for the free massage.
15. This offer can be withdrawn at any time, at the discretion of La Crisalida Retreats.
Healthy Weight Loss Package: Full T&C
1. This healthy weight loss package is available between 7th January 2020 and 31st March 2020 inclusive. The package is not available after these dates and all full weeks of the healthy weight loss bundles must be within these dates.
2. The healthy weight loss bundle can start any day of the week.
3. The package duration is 7 or 14 nights.
4. The package and healthy weight loss bundle is subject to availability.
5. Single nights can also be purchased at the standard retreat prices. (Comment, to book an 8th night, the price would be standard rate with 5% long stay discount)
6. There will be no refunds for any sessions not used.
7. There is no transfer of the healthy weight loss bundle outside of the dates in point 1.
8. Retreat dates can be changed, subject to standard amendment fee(s), however the items included in the healthy weight loss bundle are not transferable outside of the period in point 1.
9. Returning guest discount is valid on the accommodation element of the package only as per standard terms and conditions and can be applied if the booking is made directly with La Crisalida Retreats. The discount is not valid on the healthy weight loss bundle.
10. There is no early bird discount available for this offer as the offer falls within 6 months.
11. Book at Retreat special offer is also valid for guests who book a new package for a future stay whilst staying at the retreat, this applies only to the accommodation package and not to the healthy weight loss bundle.
12. Long stay discount has already been applied to the accommodation rates and no further discount applies.
13. The healthy weight loss bundle is available for purchase at the retreat, subject to availability. The cost will be greater than when purchased in advance, but better value than buying the items individually. All items will also be available to purchase individually, subject to availability.
14. There is no cash value offered for any part of the Healthy Weight Loss bundle.
15. These weeks can be withdrawn at any time, at the discretion of La Crisalida Retreats.
16. Standard booking terms and conditions apply.